TOWNSHIP OF ASHTABULA – The 19th annual Lake Shore Park Rib Burn-Off kicks off today with live music all weekend, fireworks on Saturday night and, of course, plenty of ribs at the barbecue.
The festival begins at 4 p.m. and continues through Sunday with numerous national and local rib teams competing for prizes, including tastiest ribs, best sauce and people’s choice awards.
“We will have ribs and many other traditional Fair Trade dishes that will satisfy everyone’s taste buds,” said Peggy Davis, administrative assistant at the Ashtabula Township Park Commission. “We encourage people to get out and enjoy the food and Lake Shore Park, located on the shores of Lake Erie.”
It looks like Mother Nature will cooperate as well. According to the National Weather Service, partly sunny skies and temperatures in the 70s are forecast for the entire weekend.
• Kidz Zone 4pm-10pm
• Live music from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. by The Earthquakers
Saturday, Noon-10 p.m.
• Kidz Zone from noon to 10:00 p.m.
• Live music from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. by Ernest T. Band
• Live music from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. by Michelle Robinson
• Fireworks at dusk (rainy date Sunday)
Sunday, Noon-8 p.m.
• Kidz Zone from noon to 8 p.m.
• Live music from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. by Aftermath
• Classic car cruise from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Classic car cruise
• Live music from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. by Good Question