Project of the week: Florens Lake Resort & Spa

0

Florens Lake Resort & Spa, a luxury eco-resort on the shores of a pristine Swiss lake that will open in 2022, is our new project of the week.

A collection of holiday apartments and suites are expected to land on the shores of Lake Brienz, Switzerland, in a few years. Florens Lake Resort & Spa will provide guests with an unprecedented lake experience, with a special emphasis on nature and sustainability. We take a look inside this exciting project.

Private lakefront paradise in the Swiss Alps

A decidedly contemporary take on the traditional Alpine resort is en route, just ten minutes from the idyllic Swiss getaway of Interlaken. The region, known for its turquoise glacial lakes, will soon be home to a particularly exciting new hotel project, Florens Lake Resort & Spa.

The resort is expected to be the largest in the Swiss state of Bern upon completion in the second quarter of 2022 and will enjoy the prestige of a private lakeside location on the shores of pristine Lake Brienz. Part of the Unesco World Heritage Site of the Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch, the resort will be dominated by three giant peaks – the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.

Inspired by local nature

The interior design of the 155-unit complex will be inspired by the surrounding palette of the Bernese Oberland. Neutral gray tones will sparkle with green and blue hues, a nod to the lush green lakes and mountain sides that surround the south-facing resort.

Located in the heart of the country, the property embodies modern Swiss society and is both progressive and classic. Alpine structures can at times seem so heavy and cumbersome as they seek to put visitors at ease and sheltered from the elements, but Florens Lake Resort & Spa takes a light approach to its architectural execution, with clean facades and light wood used for the aisles and shutters, giving the whole an air of casual modernity.

Public and private apartments

The hotel has a total of 155 units, many of which will be serviced holiday apartments.

49% of private apartments are for sale and the remaining 51% are to be managed as a permanent reception facility. Interestingly, when the owners of the private apartments are away, these units can then be rented out and managed by the resort.

Share.

Comments are closed.